Now, something about me, I have a huge soft spot for Elder Jeffery R. Holland...I mean who doesn't? Ever since I heard his talk in the April 2009 General Conference about the Savior and the Atonement, I have been captivated by his perspective on eternity and our Elder Brother. I could listen to him speak for hours and be totally OK with it.
So this conference, as usual, I was excited to hear him speak. And as usual, Elder Holland gave a moving message on the Savior.
As I am preparing for my mission, I notice every little imperfection I have. I tend to be quiet and reserved, not a scriptorian like my dad, or insightful like my mom, not quite as passionate as my younger sister or innocent and pure in knowledge as my youngest sister. But I know enough.
Several things I took from Elder Holland's message as follows (they aren't exact quotes):
- Hold the ground you have already won.
- Stand strong until you gain the knowledge you seek
- Lead with the faith you do have
- Don't let those questions of doubt stand in the way of the miracles of faith
- You have more faith than you know because of the overwhelming evidence in front of you on a daily basis
- What we know always trumps what we don't
- "Be not afraid. Only believe"
- Imperfect people is all God has had to work with, save His Perfect Son, but yet, He still manages to work miracles.
I know that the 12 apostles and the 1st Presidency are called by God and that they are His mouth piece. I know that God hears and answers my prayers through these inspired men, the scriptures, and the Holy Ghost. I can think of no better way to be spending the next 18 months than in the service of my God. "[Because] in this day and age, [I] don't have to sail on uncharted waters, [I] know the way." -President Thomas S. Monson
Remember the words from this weekend and study them, because they are scripture too.