Monday, April 8, 2013

The Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever

General Conference. How blessed we are, as a people, to have a living prophet on the earth to guide us today. We have a direct line from our Heavenly Father, who is always mindful of us, and gives us what we need to survive against Satan and this world we live in; just survive, thrive. To fight and to fend off the evil temptation of the natural man. Point is, President Monson is called of God and is our prophet, seer, and revelator.

Now, something about me, I have a huge soft spot for Elder Jeffery R. Holland...I mean who doesn't? Ever since I heard his talk in the April 2009 General Conference about the Savior and the Atonement, I have been captivated by his perspective on eternity and our Elder Brother. I could listen to him speak for hours and be totally OK with it.

So this conference, as usual, I was excited to hear him speak. And as usual, Elder Holland gave a moving message on the Savior.

As I am preparing for my mission, I notice every little imperfection I have. I tend to be quiet and reserved, not a scriptorian like my dad, or insightful like my mom, not quite as passionate as my younger sister or innocent and pure in knowledge as my youngest sister. But I know enough.

Several things I took from Elder Holland's message as follows (they aren't exact quotes):

  • Hold the ground you have already won.
  • Stand strong until you gain the knowledge you seek
  • Lead with the faith you do have
  • Don't let those questions of doubt stand in the way of the miracles of faith
  • You have more faith than you know because of the overwhelming evidence in front of you on a daily basis
  • What we know always trumps what we don't
  • "Be not afraid. Only believe" 
AND...............

  • Imperfect people is all God has had to work with, save His Perfect Son, but yet, He still manages to work miracles.
So I might not be THE best missionary out there, but I will be MY best missionary out there, because at the end of the day, all I can give is my 110% and no one else's. I. Am. Enough.

I know that the 12 apostles and the 1st Presidency are called by God and that they are His mouth piece. I know that God hears and answers my prayers through these inspired men, the scriptures, and the Holy Ghost. I can think of no better way to be spending the next 18 months than in the service of my God. "[Because] in this day and age, [I] don't have to sail on uncharted waters, [I] know the way." -President Thomas S. Monson

Remember the words from this weekend and study them, because they are scripture too.

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment