Friday, July 18, 2014

A Fantastic Week

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! You are NEVER going to believe what happened this week! It was CRAZY. The church is so freaking true. I am still kinda is shock about it. It was SUCH a good week! (:

So on Fast Sunday the stake had a fast specifically for new investigators! And that was way cool. Tuesday was just the start of it! We texted Dena and asked if we could set up a time where we could come over and talk. She said we could on Tuesday in the morning so we went! We chatted then Dena asks "Sooo what did you want to talk about??" I nervously shot a look at Sister Jones who just nodded. Dena said "Umm why did you just look at her?? Are you nervous?" I laughed and said "No.....but yes." I explained that we wanted to talk about the gospel and it was extremely important to me. I said I wanted them to say yes so badly and I was afraid they would say no. Marcus explained that he didn't like religion forced down his throat so he would most likely say no, but he would pray about it. Ummm sweet. Because God is TOTALLY going to tell him to listen to us. Dena was a little more quiet during this. She then let Marcus finish and said that she knew we weren't there to just help her paint her house or unpack. We were there from God. When she needed God the most, we came knocking. She said that Marcus and her were uncomfortable with their church and wanted to find one that fit them. That's also the day the sisters knocked on the door for the first time. So we ended up talking about religion for a while and then Marcus said "Well, if your church is true, why isn't it that old? I mean Catholicism and Presbyterian date way back. What about yours?" Sister Jones and I laughed and said, "Well, this will take some explaining. Can we teach you the first lesson?" They agreed and we taught. We talked about the Book of Mormon and Marcus said that it made sense. He also said he wanted to read it to know what it said. Umm go for it. Be our guest!!! (: haha! Basically, I want them to accept the gospel more than anything else in this world. I can't even describe the overwhelming feeling I get when I think of them being baptized and sealed to their kids!!! It makes me so happy!! This is what missionary work is ALL about. Incomprehensible joy. We then had dinner and then went to Tim and Tonja's. Kianna, Tonja's daughter, is home for good now. We talked first to Tonja about smoking. She has gone almost 2 whole weeks without smoking!!!!!! We are so proud of her!! She is making so much progress. It's clear that she wants to go to the temple more than anything. Next was a stop at the Hoffmans. They are so funny.

Wednesday was totally sweet!! We had District Meeting, which let's be honest, is getting kinda old. The same lessons by different district leaders. *sigh* I still try and get as much out of them as I can but it isn't like when I first came out. We went to the Braddy's house after lunch and talked with Sis Braddy about missions and conversions. Then Sister Jones asked if her kids were interested in taking the lessons. Right then, Mennolly pops up and says "I want to be baptized! There is an 8 year old getting baptized and I am 10!!" hahah! So, we didn't specifically teach her, so she isn't a new investigator yet, but she will be this coming week! We then went back to Tim and Tonja's for TJ's lesson. Well, TJ conveniently went to Pittsburgh for the day. Tonja and Kianna were sitting outside when we walked up. We ended up giving Kiana the first lesson and she is all fired up about it. It was super awesome! So we picked HER up as a new investigator. (But we aren't done with the family yet!!) 

Thursday was a test of our faith I think. Everything fell through. But when we went to go organize our area book we got a text from TJ asking us to come and teach him a lesson asap. So we did. He is a typical 11 year old and got mad for some reason. He laid on the floor talking to us through his arms. So like the awesome sisters that we are, we laid on the floor next to him and talked to him through our arms. He eventually sat up once Tonja came and yelled at us for laying on the floor haha! ooops. 

Friday was weekly planning and we beasted it up. We got it all done in 3 hours and set up members to be at ALL teaching appointments. CRAZY. We took Elizabeth, the Bishop's daughter with us to see a new less active, named Sherry. She basically just told us all of her medical problems. Yikes...Then we met up with Sue who is superwoman I swear. She is SO amazing. She drove us to Cokeburg so we could meet with Aja, a recent convert from Washington. Aja is amazing. She is getting married in August and has a little girl named Adriana. Aja wanted to come to church so she asked us to help her set up a ride. No problem, we are pro at that haha! Unfortunately, Aja is probably moving to North Dakota in September. Bummer! 

Saturday was non-stop running from the time we woke up to the time that we laid down for bed! Crazy stuff. We had correlation with Brother Wood then we came home and did studies. Then we went to the Ader's and had lunch with them. They are so sweet. Sister Ader came out with us and we visited Tonja again to make sure she was still doing well. She was (: We met up with Haley, a young woman who is planning on going on a mission. She drove us to the Humbert's and also Eve's. We committed the Humberts to pray every day about the BOM....we'll see how that goes this week. Eve is funny as usual. She was explaining that when you talk to an old person you have to speak really loud and slowly and look at them. When she finished, or so I thought, I asked if she had any advice for us and she said "I'm trying to tell you it!!" We went back to the church, took a picture with Haley then tried to figure out a ride for Sherry on the way to our dinner appointment. The Mossers fed us Brazilian hot dogs again!! SO yummy. We had the spiritual thought. We combined D&C 18:15-16 with Diet Coke and Mentos. Figure that one out (; haha! 

Sunday was good. We fasted for Dena and Marcus to get their answer. So if you can keep them in your prayers that would be amazing!! We went to choir practice before church and 15 minutes before sacrament meeting, Brother Binger, the 2nd Counselor pulls us into a class room and asks me to speak! 0.o Sister Jones was already speaking, so I was the fill in because our WML's WIFE got sick. Oh man. haha! So let the stress begin! I scribbled some thoughts down tried to concentrate on the sacrament but I was SO nervous. Funny story about the sacrament. They blessed the bread just fine then they started to bless the water...and a whole tray was empty as in it was never filled. Bryan, one of the priests blessing the sacrament was like "What the??" So they filled the tray as the other priesthood holders were passing the water. They hoped they wouldn't have to bless it again. Annnnnd they almost made it. They had to bless a whole tray for Elder Martin. Bryan started whispering again "Are you serious!?" It was SO awkward haha! They say the prayer and everyone is confused. Elder Martin takes the water and they sit down. hahahaha! Sister Jones and I were dying we were laughing so hard. But the rest of the meeting went ok. Minus my talk haha! d: But what can you expect? Not much haha! So that was about as eventful as it got!!

So as you can see, it's been an amazing week. I feel so privileged to be serving at this time. I may not be able to see the changes, but I can feel my desires slowly starting to change. I love the scriptures with all of my heart. If nothing else, I have promised to never EVER forsake the knowledge that I have gained here. It's too precious. I love my Savior and I am so grateful that He was willing to condescend so that He could know how to help ME through my difficulties. Who else would show that much love? I love my Heavenly Father with all of my heart because He is willing to let us go for a while so that we can eventually reach perfection, completion, and exaltation. What a wonderful time we live in where the Restored Gospel is on the earth!! 

I love you all and I hope that you have a marvelous week!!! Oh and Happy Birthday Dad!!!! (:

Love,
Sister Kaitlyn Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment