Sunday, March 10, 2013

Anticipation!!!

Soooo, my beautiful and lovely cousin Juli, and her awesome husband Nick helped put this wonderful blog together so my familia can keep track of me when the Lord sends me off to where I need to be.

Right now, I am approximately 5 days away from opening my official mission call......and I am dying!!! I want to know so badly where I will be serving the Lord for the next 18 months.

Since it is Sunday and all, I was listening in the car as I drove to church, mission prep, and my friend's open house before he leaves on his mission, I was listening to The Miracle by Jenny Phillips (love her music!!!). It talks about Christ's life and His death and most importantly, Him living again. I sat in the car just pondering what the Savior means to me. He is everything. I would be no where good without my loving Elder Brother's guidance in my life every single day.


(Here is one of Kaitlyn's favorite songs from the cd she was listening to!)

This is why I am serving a mission. I know God loves me. I know my family is safe within His plan. I know the true gospel; I have answers that people ask themselves everyday. I am SO blessed and I want others to notice the love that God has for them as His children. I would be SO ungrateful to Him if I did not serve at this time. This is what I am meant to do.

"Surely there is a way for people of goodwill who love God and have taken upon themselves the name of Christ to stand together for the cause of Christ and against the forces of sin. In this we have every right to be bold and believing, for “if God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31).
You serve and preach, teach and labor in that confidence, and so do I. And in doing so, I believe we can trust in the next verse from Romans as well: “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” I truly believe that if across the world we can all try harder not to separate each other from the “love of Christ,” we will be “more than conquerors through him that loved us” (Romans 8:32, 35, 37)."
       
Waiting for Friday....
Katie (p.s. this is what my mom calls me soooo...it'll stick like everything else she decides to give nickname.)


No comments:

Post a Comment