Monday, March 18, 2013

The Lesson

Alrighty then!! Now that the dust has settled a little bit (not for long though...) I can compose some of my thoughts!

First and foremost: I have been called by MY loving Heavenly Father to labor in the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh mission. I report to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) April 24th (approx. 37 days from now). Ok now that that is done!

I learned a lesson, because when is God not trying to make us better than we can imagine. As I worked to submit my mission papers and waited for my call, I was given the trial of learning patience. I had to understand that I can't control everything.

I expected my call on Friday March 15th. No luck. Then I thought for sure I would get the best birthday present a girl could ask for. Still nothing. I was devastated. Why was I not receiving my call??? I was forced to my knees in humility. I realized I am not serving a mission for me! This isn't about me at all (ok just a tiny bit) but this is Heavenly Father's work. I am just a tool in His very capable and reliable hands. When I realized that this is God's work and that He gets to call the shots, not me, I received my call to Pennsylvania.

I opened my call, surrounded by people who love me and want the very best for me. Even the people who couldn't be here physically were able to hear where the Lord was sending me. I was emotional and as one of my very amazing friends said...The Spirit was there. I knew the second I read my destination for the next 18 months, that that is where I need to be.

I know that the Lord gave me this trial to strengthen me, for His children in Pennsylvania. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. He is truly the Lord's mouthpiece at this time. I know that Joseph Smith is also a prophet of God and that he restored the true gospel to this earth under the direction of Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know my Savior lives and that He loves me. He is mindful of my weaknesses and strengthens me daily. I am so grateful to be serving the people of Pittsburgh and cannot wait to get out into the mission field.

Katie

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO happy that we were able to be a part of this special day, Kaitlyn. You inspire me to be a better person. I know I've had my patience tested many times in my life and it is a wonder feeling to absolutely positively KNOW that Heavenly Father is mindful of my specific needs. He knows what is best and it isn't always what I want, when I want it.
    Thank you for sharing your testimony. I felt the Spirit strongly tonight at your house too. I hope you know we love and support what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete