Wednesday, May 14, 2014

He Misses Me

Well this week was exciting. In more than one way, ahah! Pretty crazy and up in the air. I don't know how to explain it, but it was good.

Tuesday we went to a work out class and it KICKED MY BUTT. I couldn't walk until about Friday. Great fun haha! But there were a lot of non members and we ended up talking to them for a bit. Chelsea is a member's daughter-in-law. She is 21, and said since we are close to her age we can be friends haha! They have already talked about inviting us over. SWEEET. We went to Sue's house and talked about everything in the gospel. It was so wonderful! I always learn so much from her. Then we went to Sherrie's, our investigator. She talked for 2 hours straight. BUT she did ask a question about Joseph Smith so we started teaching the Restoration. But right as we got to the 1st vision, she told us a random story about somebody who did something that I really don't want to know about. No filter. But at least she is starting to read the Book of Mormon. She did say something that leads me to believe that she can really progress in the gospel. She said "Right when I felt that I needed more God in my life, 2 girls knock on my door with the book that my grandfather used to read out of". Her grandfather was a member of the church. MIRACLES HAPPEN.

We then went over to Marcus and Dena's. We helped them get a little more settled in. They really want us to just come over and hang out, which isn't allowed, but it's a good step in the right direction.

Wednesday was district meeting with our zone leaders.


 As we were eating lunch, we were told that our zone would be singing at Elder Holland's conference....there are 6 sisters in our zone.....in front of the entire mission....and Elder Jeffery. R. Holland. WHAT!?!?!? They said don't worry, just practice in your district meetings before then. Well, we have zone training this coming week and then Elder Holland...so no practice. Nervous?? Just a little haha! Then we went to help Dena (found out they aren't married) then went to Tanja's and talked about quitting smoking with her. It's a tricky one, but I know the Lord can help her if she wants His help. Then we went to the cemetery and placed flags on the graves of all the Veterans. Over 4,000 flags were placed and it was an amazing sight.

Thursday was really amazing for me. I prayed to be able to do what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. I wanted to be guided by Him and have the courage to follow through. We went to the Senior Center and there were a LOT of people there for their annual Dart Tournament. They throw darts....pretty stinking hilarious haha! Another senior center in Charleroi wants us to come help them on Wednesdays. We are spreading the word haha! Rachel, a recent RM, came and picked us up and we pounded out the lessons. We saw Sister Braddy, and her husband smoked the entire time we were there, like 3 cigarettes in 30 minutes. That was awesome. We saw Marissa and talked about the rest of the commandments. We also saw Vi and had an awesome lesson with her about scripture study. I am so amazed how awesome our lessons were because we had a member with us. It didn't seem like a big deal, but it made a huge difference.

We got home and briefly talked with Cheran and comforted her because she is going through a really hard time. She said she was SO glad we were there right then. We had to leave for our dinner appointment but we promised to talk to her later. After dinner we were contacting a referral who promptly shut the door on us when I said "Hi we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!" We got back in the car, I noticed a man sitting on his porch with his son running around. I knew I needed to talk to him, but we were already in the car. Sister Rock asked if everything was ok and I said it was but I had seen that man outside last time we tried to contact the referral. She asked what I wanted to do about it, so I got out of the car, grabbed my bag and a copy of the Book of Mormon. We walked up to him and I introduced us. I asked if he would be interested in strengthening his faith in Christ and he asked how. I said through talking with us he would better understand how to do that. He would learn how. I offered him the BOM and he accepted and said we could come back on Monday or Tuesday evening. That is what we plan to do. I felt SO good because I had followed through on what I had prayed for earlier that day!! I know the Church is true because I felt pure joy when I was doing the will of the Lord. I don't know what will happen with Bryan, but I did my part!

Friday was a disaster. We started to do weekly planning and I found termites swarming in our abandoned study room.


We called the mission office and the landlord and packed to move out for the weekend. It was so crazy. They were EVERYWHERE. I swear I didn't sign up to go foreign!! We got permission to stay at Sue's (it was a big deal because her husband really doesn't want anything to do with the Church right now). We then booked it to our appointment with Jackie. She had some basic questions after we watched the Restoration video. We tried to visit other people after that, which made us late to our dinner appointment because our GPS likes to get us lost! After dinner we saw the Cobert's. Their son is on a mission but they aren't members. We showed them the old Mother's Day Mormon message "To Every Mother" and she really like it, which is a pretty big deal. Tender Mercies Happen!

Saturday we went to correlation then went home to do weekly planning. It took FOREVER it seemed like haha! Then again, 3 hours is a long time. We went to the spaghetti dinner fundraiser the Young Women put on. It was fun. A lot of non members were there and Cheran came with the Martins. It was really awesome because her kids were begging to go to church the next day. Cha. Ching. hahah! We visited Sister Honick and talked about Mother's Day with her and it was really good. She is a sweet lady.

Sunday was MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So awesome!! (: We went to church and Cheran came with her kids!! Plus tons of less actives were there and it was tremendous!! I was glad that Cheran came because everything was very direct and simple. Love it! The Church is so true! We went to the Ader's home and helped get lunch ready. Then it was time. I GOT TO TALK TO MY FAMILY!!!!! :D I was so happy!! It was hard to say goodbye because I know that is the last time I get to speak with them until I come home, but it was still wonderful to see everyone! I was so glad I had that opportunity.

Kaitlyn's family enjoying her call home on Mother's Day.
I love my family so much. They support me in everything I do; good bad and crazy. Talking with my family really helped me realize an important lesson that I think Heavenly Father was trying to get through my thick skull: He misses me. As excited as I am to be on my mission, I am excited to go home and be with my family again. As excited as I am to be on earth, I am excited to go home and be with my Father again. He misses us all immensely and it's hard for Him to watch us go through hard things, but He knows it is what is bringing us home to Him. I know God lives and is my loving Heavenly Father. He gives me things I need to survive this world, not necessarily things I want. I love Him with every fiber of my being and I know He hears my prayers.

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and a fantastic week!!

All my love,

Sister Kaitlyn Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment