Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Every Week Seems to be Going Faster

Well, the end of March is quickly approaching!! And we had snow on Sunday...not. okay. I thought spring was supposed to exist out here!! haha! Not seeing it yet! Just looks pretty dead to me! But the weather is starting to warm up and that is definitely a perk! I am so happy that I will be able to see the seasons!! *fingers crossed*

So this week was pretty standard. Pretty slow as far as missionary work goes, but it was alright. Always another week! Weird thing! My trainer, Sister Montgomery, is going home on the 9th of April!! We always joked about her going home when I hit 11 months and how far away it seemed! But here we are...she is going home and I am looking to hit my year mark at the end of April. How does this even happen?!

Tuesday we went to correlation and what can I say? It's pretty boring when you talk about the same things over and over again every week for 5 month. We had lunch afterwards and then went to Lorraine's. We showed her a Mormon message from Russel M. Nelson about the human body and she really liked how much sense it made. It is so interesting to see her making progress. Mind you it has been slow progress, but it has been one of those miracles I am grateful to have been able to witness. She has a long way to go, but she now has a real intent to come to church and have a connection again with Heavenly Father, which is amazing.



After dinner, we went to clean up our area book with Sister Green. We drove around Midland to find a woman who is now Presbyterian and the other one who is hanging out in Beaver Falls but her mom "didn't know" where she lived. Oh it was frustrating, but it is all apart of missionary work! We saw Rasheda briefly as we were in the neighborhood, but she wasn't really in the mood to talk. She is struggling a little bit, but I know that these trials will make her so much stronger!

Wednesday was District Meeting and the Cranberry Sisters are doing so much better! They are fine and got a new car that day. After lunch and everything, we went to New Brighton to clean up the names and no one was homes. We only got information on one lady who lives in a trailer...oh goody hahaha! Pennsylvania man...they are one of a kind. haha! We then came home and Bishop and Sister Weeks picked us up and took us to dinner and then we met up with the Elders. We all drove down to Hookstown to help the 2nd counselor move. It was a long night but we had a lot of fun packing up the kitchen (seriously, when I get home, if you EVER need help with packing a kitchen, I'm going to be the person to call, hahahaha!)

Thursday we cleaned up some more of Midland with Sister La Fond. I dunno, pretty standard haha! We got home and right as we pulled up, we got a media referral for some one in Midland...which is a good ways away. We took lunch and then did some Mormon.org time. I spent my time looking at Family History and man....what a task!! There is NO way I am going to be able to do that hahahah! It looks so complicated and I don't know how on earth I am going to find any one at any time haha! We then drove to Midland and tried to find this referral for a girl named Amanda. We knocked on her apartment door and didn't get an answer so we knocked on her neighbors' doors and no one answered. So we went back to the car and Sister Hanseen asked to take a look inside the little cafe next door. So we go inside and ask the girl at the register if she knew anyone that lived in the apartments next door. She said she only knew one. We asked if it was Amanda and she said "Yes, actually, she is sitting right over there." So we walked over to her and she said that her formerly LDS friend liked to play pranks on her and so that is why we got the referral. She didn't end up being interested, but it was cool to be able to contact her quickly without being left to wonder if she was ever a potential! Even though that was probably THE most awkward contact I have ever had on my mission haha! We started toward Beaver Falls when we got a call from the Elders. They needed a ride back to their apartment because they had been dropped off at the church and Elder Waddoups had food poisoning. Oh goody. So we did what we needed to in Beaver Falls then headed back to the church. They both didn't look very good so I am glad that we were able to help them out. We stopped by Lorraine's again to help her set up her computer and printer and she ordered us a pizza....but we were on our way to a dinner appointment haha! She made us take a slice and soda before we left. Whatevs I guess haha! So if I come back 900 pounds...blame the peeps here who are feeding us CONSTANTLY hahaha! We went to the DeBaker's for dinner and Shyanne was home! That was a lot of fun. Sister DeBaker trimmed my hair while we were there because it was getting NASTY. She is the sweetest thing. She gave each of us a bottle of hair protein that is super expensive and awesome. Man, I feel so spoiled here!

Sister Crockett with the DeBaker family.
Friday was not a typical day for us. We did weekly planning and then we found out that we had to get our car inspected and have emissions run so we could continue to drive it! So we drove to Monroe's and they said it would be an hour. So we saw Wendy for a bit. She is having a lot of health problems. She told us that Mel, her husband, switched his days off so she can now come to church!! We were so excited for her because once she gets feeling better, she can attend more regularly! We went back to Monroe's and they said they would take our car and inspect it but it would take about an hour. So we started walking...around Beaver Falls...yeah. If I never do that again, it won't really be a problem haha! There was NOTHING to see there. We tried furniture stores, pet stores, clothing stores....you name it. There was NOTHING hahha! So we passed by this one restaurant and we were starving. We sat in Monroe's for a bit but they hadn't even gotten to our car yet! So we decided to go eat. Right as we ordered, Sister Weeks texted us and asked if we had a dinner appointment. We didn't so she told us to come over, they were having a missionary that had once served here come back and have dinner with them. So we agreed. We nibbled our dinner at the restaurant then picked up our car, picked up the dinner that Sister Biernesser had made, then headed to the Weeks.

Saturday was crazy as well. We had an appointment with Rasheda and Ruthy was going to take us. But we got a call from Lowe's saying they had our washer and dryer ready to be delivered, right in the time that we had scheduled Rasheda's lesson. So we told Ruthy and she said that was fine but we showed come to lunch. So we tried some people in Beaver Falls then went to Ruthy's. Ryan served in Italy and made us a legitimate Italian meal like 5-coarse meal! It was so good!!! The Elders were there and we had a lot of fun talking about missions and things. Then we had to rush back to get our washer and dryer. HALLELUJAH!!!!! I have never been more happy to do laundry in my life!!!!! haha! Then we went to the Weeks to help them with some community service. (We were still cutting out z's for the Beaver Musical). haha! They are so funny. Sister Weeks kept trying to make us food but we were heading to the Green's for dinner shortly after! She is so funny that way (: So we went to the Green's and ate dinner then watched the General Women's Broadcast. One of their cousins was watching it and said "Do you think that there is a group of men trying to get in to this meeting?" hahahahah! No...no I don't think so haha! So silly. I really enjoyed the broadcast (: It made me happy! I am SO stoked for General Conference this coming week!!! Hurray!

Sunday, we had meetings and church. Yup, pretty standard haha! I love getting to partake of the sacrament and fast! It is such a wonderful experience that I always took for granted. After church, we visited Sister Smego then went to the Biernesser's for dinner. Next was Stake Choir and that was so great. I love being able to participate in this because the music is amazing. I probably won't be able to sing in the performance, but being able to rehearse has been amazing.  I love music and the Spirit that comes from singing praises to Heavenly Father. I don't have a good voice, but being able to feel the love that God has for me, through music, and praising Him for all of the wonders that He gives us is truly a spiritual and profound experience. I know that Sister K. Neeley really helps bring that as we talk about what the lyrics mean before we sing. It is so amazing, I can't even describe it.

Well, that pretty much wraps up my week!! Thank you so much for the support that you have given me as I have been learning! This is has been a WONDERFUL yet trying experience. Talk about the refining fire. Every week seems to go by faster but I am so excited for the things I will continue to learn as I serve. Love you all SO much!!

Love,

Sister Kaitlyn Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment